Thursday, September 29, 2011

9/20/11

Are you ready for the big news?? So I am training a new missionary. And on top of that im getting transferred. Im now in the 8th Ward which is in the Foun. Stk. Its south of where I am now a little ways. But the good news is that I get a car!! I wont have to bike anymore for a while which I'm glad about.

This week was outta control. So on Tuesday we went out and had a really good day. We were able to contact a bunch of people that we planned to go and see. it was a pretty good day. Wednesday was psycho. We had weekly planning in the morning and then in the afternoon we planned to go out and work. We went out at it was raining pretty good. We had a lesson with this less active guy who we had been trying to contact for a long while. So we finally got in with him and were talking for a while. He said that he wants to come back to church and have home teachers and stuff. that was really awesome. I think that was the first less active person that actually wanted to come back. So it felt really good. Elder W* and his new missionary are gunna go there and teach him the lesson to help him come back and to practice. After we got out of that lesson it was pouring hardcore. We were wearing sweaters and we got soaked through those. Water was like flooding down the street. It was freezing cold. So we went back to the house and put our clothes in the wash cuz they were covered in mud from the bikes. We spent the rest of the night inside cuz it never stopped. I think it rained from like 1 in the afternoon til sometime the next day. It was super crazy.

Thursday We woke up and there was a thick fog. You could prolly only see maybe like 20 feet. And on top of that it was cold and misting. So we tried to go out and see a few people. We got calls a few days before that there were these surveys that the church wanted us to do about preach my gospel and the mormon.org commercials. So that took a little while and stuff. The rest of the week was just soggy cuz it had rained so hard for so long. Sunday We got the calls about transfers. And then we had pday today instead of Monday cuz they moved transfers a day back. So I get my new missionary tomorrow morning.

So some crazy and exciting stuff. I have a package of extra clothes and books that I want to send home. So depending on when I actually get over to the post office Ill send that off. And that's pretty much everything. I'm sorry to hear about your job mom. =[ I miss you all very much!

Love Elder Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment